A downloadable game for Windows
A practice project that I developed in about two weeks of active development.
This is my tribute to the original Star Castle (1980). A re-imagination of the game, expanding on some of its mechanics and adding a few more.
All design, code, and art assets except for the background and the shader were made by myself. Sounds made on bfxr, except for the "Game Over" music (downloaded from freesound.org).
How to play:
- Use the left and right arrow keys to rotate the ship
- Use the up arrow key to thrust
- Use the space bar to shoot
- Shoot the core to progress through the game. Aim for a high score!
- Mike Traficante, for planting the idea in my head. It's all his fault.
- My wife Maggie, for her constant support.
- Jan-Willem Wilhelm (Vlambeer) for inspiring me with his talk about how to make action games better.
- All of the playtesters.
- And YOU, because if you don't play it then this may as well not exist.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.